Monday, August 10, 2009

Update

Hello everyone - it's been awhile. Without really intending to, I have taken quite a long break from writing this blog and now just about the whole summer has flown by us. The main reason for this - for anyone who doesn't yet know - is that Daniel and I have separated. Without getting into messy details, I'll just say that these past few months have been very, very sad. It's not really something that I want, and it's definately something I gave my all to avoid these past few years but at the end of the day, it's not only my decision and I'm left with no choice but to accept things as they are. I do believe though, that things happen for a reason and that there is likely some bigger and better plan in the works for me and my girls but the sense of loss I sometimes feel can be completely overwhelming.

The girls are taking the whole transition in stride. If there is one positive thing about all the time Daniel has spent away in the past it's that they are totally used to having him away for long bouts of time and well, so am I, so we'll just keep on as we do. Our day to day life is relatively unchanged and I think that will be the key to making this easier on them, and myself as well. Like I said, it's been sad, but at least not a whole lot is going to change in our lives. I try to be grateful, rather than resentful about that but some days are harder than others...

So here we are, just me and my girls...a new beginning? I can't help but wonder where this path will lead.

A rare photo of the three of us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment