Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to Kaia!

Kaia's birthday is actually tomorrow, the 25th, but because that falls on a Monday we decided to do the birthday thing today. And well, what can I say? My Kaiaarahi Soleil is loved (and by that I mean spoiled - though I was asked to point out here that it was actually a birthday gift to both of the girls). She had been saying for weeks that she wanted a swing for her birthday and so her Nana and Papa said they would get her one only they didn't just get a swing - they decided on getting her the whole playground! Look at this and you'll see what I mean.Papa and Daniel spent, quite literally, the entire day putting this together. Kaia helped too - she just loves playing with tools. We had a little barbecue for lunch with cake and presents afterwards. Kaia absolutely loved her backpack I made for her (and I was so pleased with how it came out). She's been filling it with her toys and wearing it pretty much constantly which makes me happy. She's pretty proud to have a camera of her own too, though it'll take awhile for her to figure it out I think (there are quite a few buttons on it).
It was a great day overall and I know Kaia had a blast which is the most important thing. I think we'll be spending lots of time out here this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment