Friday, May 22, 2009

Summer is on it's way!

With the warm weather fast approaching (and a few beautiful sunny days so far), I decided to make the girls each a nice summer sundress. I had some fabric lying around and for some reason I have been in the mood to sew lately, and I also saw this tutorial online which inspired me to create these. So easy and super cute. I made some modifications to the pattern - I used leftover fabric rather than buying bandanas, and I added two loops instead of one to the back for the ribbon tie as well as adding on some found embellishment afterwards. Everything I used was upcycled so to speak so the best part of it all? Besides all of the contrast-y goodness (I can't help it. I love things that don't match), it only cost me $2.50 to make both of them! (I had to buy some of that no-roll elastic). Adorable.

1 comment: